Thursday, February 19, 2015

Theta Phi Alpha Paddle

Going Greek at Florida Atlantic University, I wasn't obliged to make a paddle for my Big sister.  However, I would not pass up an opportunity to craft and express to someone special how much he/she means to me.  After receiving many gifts leading up to the Big/Little Reveal, I knew that a personalized paddle would return some of the favors and uphold the old traditions of the sorority.  It was more than just an overnight paint job, but the reward of watching your Big drool over your thoughtful creation is priceless.  I decided to create an original background design with my sister's favorite colors and added a mirror, florals, and pearls (symbol of our sisterhood).  Just make sure you do a final overall check, because I only realized I forgot to glue down an important wood piece until after I delivered the incomplete paddle!

       {Front}                                                                                                           {Back}

Theta Phi Alpha Paddle
Theta Phi Alpha Paddle





No comments:

Post a Comment